You have finally decided to hire a digital marketing agency for outsourcing your campaign – Congratulations! The next obvious step is to ask for quotes and discuss your brand goals and marketing needs. Finding the right search engine marketing agency is critical for your digital strategy for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, most companies end up hiring the wrong service, eventually losing out on great opportunities. In this post, we are discussing the common mistakes you must avoid while hiring a digital marketing company.
- Looking for cheap quotes. Smaller companies are often chasing the cheapest quote they can find, and that’s probably the biggest mistake clients make. Online marketing requires patience, effort and continuous focus, and you need a team that has the experience, expertise and resources to deliver. Steer clear of services that are ready to offer a quote even before discussing your requirements.
- Going for a generic package. Knowing the objectives of your campaign based on brand goals and evaluating the need for channels and strategies are critical aspects of formulating a digital strategy. You don’t want to settle for a ready SEO package because it fits your budget. Ask the agency what they can do for your business, with industry and competition in consideration.
- Hiring different agencies for one package. For extremely huge brands, social media marketing and search marketing may require different teams, but ideally, you don’t need four companies for the same campaign. When you hire a company that knows SEO, search engine marketing, social media and online reputation management, you can be assured of having comprehensive services, which further simplifies the process of monitoring and evaluation.
- Opting for long-term contracts. SEO requires time -True, but when it comes to testing a marketing service, you don’t want to go for a year-long contract right way. This may mean that your company will have to pay a tad more each month, but start with a smaller contract and evaluate their performance.
- Not checking smaller details. As a new client, you have every right to ask about the projects they have done so far, and it is equally important to evaluate their client retention rates. Always question and ask about their experience and expertise, check a few case studies and seek references. Call up their clients and ask about their collaboration.
It may take a while to find a reliable digital marketing agency, but the research is always worth the returns.